Sunday, July 10, 2011

I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A

I developed a mean case of insomnia during both my first and third trimesters. Oh well, I've always said I needed more hours in a day!

Here is a list of the things that helped me pass the time between 1-6 AM.

My iPad

Bottom line, this gadget saved my sanity during the wee hours of the morning! Cuddling up with a laptop? Not so much. The iPad allowed me to do a variety of things without getting out of bed.

1. Used the Kindle application to read books
2. Watched shows, movies, and documentaries with Netflix
3. Spend countless hours pinning everything from nursery ideas to recipes on Pinterest
 

4. Checked and composed countless emails
5. Facebook/Twitter creeped to see who else was awake at such an ungodly hour

Penny Lane

Penny has remarkably calmed down during these past ten months and loves to cuddle with me when I can't sleep. It's nice having a little furball to help pass the time. (Don't worry-she's still a little diva.)



HBO Sports Documentaries and 30 for 30

Can you believe I actually have these shows listed on my blog? Let's be honest-I've always enjoyed watching the sports segments about the players and not so much the game. The French Open renewed my love for the Federer/Nadal rivalry (Federer being my top pick) so I was thrilled to watch the HBO documentary McEnroe/Borg: Fire & Ice.


  Another great documentary about two tennis greats is ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary, "Unmatched" about Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert.


Two other great 30 for 30 documentaries are "The U" about the The University of Miami football team and "Pony Express" about the death penalty issued to SMU's football program. Luckily I still have a list of 30 for 30's in my Netflix queue for those late night feedings with Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment